Lacrosse rebounders are a unique piece of practice equipment. Whether you are at practice or at home, lacrosse rebounders can help you fine tune your skills. While this piece of equipment is not necessary to play lacrosse, it can certainly help you become a better player.
What are lacrosse rebounders used for?
Lacrosse rebounders are a tool that most lacrosse players use when they are practicing by themselves. Rebounders are rectangular in shape and usually function like a trampoline. They can have multiple different angles and aiming points. The purpose of these rebounders is to make practicing at home more realistic and challenging.
As opposed to a wall, a rebounder allows a lacrosse player to practice their passing, and catching while simultaneously working on their quickness and agility. A rebounder will sometimes be less predictable and return the ball much quicker than a wall, making it a more effective tool for practice. Rebounders are a useful piece of equipment for almost any lacrosse skill you would want to work on. Rebounders can also be placed in almost any yard or outdoor area and some can even be easily transported.
Things To Consider
When looking for a lacrosse rebounder, you'll want to consider the following:
- Do you want the rebounder to be portable?
- Do you want the rebounder to be adjustable?
- How much are you looking to spend on a rebounder?
- What material do you want the rebounder’s frame to be made of?
The different types of lacrosse rebounders include standard and adjustable rebounders.
Standard rebounders are the most common type of rebounder used for lacrosse. They can be set up almost anywhere to practice passing or catching when a wall is not available. The legs, and sometimes the net, will fold together in order to make it more compact. This makes it easier to transport as well.
Adjustable rebounders offer the unique feature of allowing you to adjust different factors such as angles and tension. This allows a player to get much better experience with more realistic and different scenarios. These can be larger in size but will generally also be foldable for compact storage.
The most common materials found in lacrosse rebounders are aluminum, nylon, and steel.
- Aluminum: Aluminum is a type of metal that is commonly used in the frames or supports of lacrosse rebounders. It is durable but also light, making it easy to transport.
- Nylon: Nylon is a material commonly used in the netting of lacrosse rebounders. It is very elastic and durable, and makes for a good bouncy surface.
- Steel: Steel is another material commonly used in lacrosse rebounder frames. It is usually heavier than aluminum but more durable.
The most popular brands that produce lacrosse rebounders are Brine, Champion Sports, and STX.
- Brine: Brine is a sports brand that is now a part of Warrior. Their line of lacrosse rebounders comes in a standard 3x4 size and is both folding and adjustable.
- Champion Sports: Champion Sports makes equipment for a wide variety of different sports. They make two different sized lacrosse rebounders that are foldable.
- STX: STX makes high quality equipment for lacrosse, field hockey, and ice hockey. They make a few different types of rebounders that are fully adjustable.
When considering which lacrosse rebounder to buy, always consider the durability, cost, and different sizes.
Lacrosse rebounders should last a very long time. As long as they are not routinely left in drastic weather or transported over and over, they should last many years. Aluminum or steel frame rebounders will usually last longer than other materials such as plastic.
Most lacrosse rebounders will cost anywhere from $100 to $250. That being said, rebounders that come in bigger sizes or are more adjustable may cost even more. Other rebounders made of cheaper and less durable materials such as plastic may cost less.
Most lacrosse rebounders will come in a similar size. The standard size mat is 3 feet by 4 feet. However it should be noted that the legs will usually extend out at least a few feet further. Some mats can come in even larger or smaller sizes.
How much does a lacrosse rebounder cost?
Most lacrosse rebounders can be found for under $250. Ones that come in larger sizes may cost even more and vice versa. Having different foldable and adjustable aspects will also likely increase the price.
Can you use a lacrosse rebounder for other sports?
What are the benefits of practicing with a lacrosse rebounder?
Lacrosse rebounders can help a lacrosse player work on many different skills when practicing alone. They can be used to work on passing, catching, footwork, and many other skills. Having a rebounder that is adjustable will usually allow a lacrosse player to work on many different skills in different and more realistic scenarios than simply using a wall.