How To Join A Kickball League
Joining a kickball league can be a fun way to meet new people, play with friends and play with co-workers all while playing an easy sport. There are many different leagues and organizations that provide kickball leagues. We are going to break down the general set up of the teams for a kickball league.
Joining Kickball Leagues
Joining a kickball league is not a difficult task. If kickball something you and a couple of friends are interested in, it’s only a few steps away.
- Gather some friends that share a similar passion for kickball or just having fun with loved ones.
- Come up with an interesting team name that really captures the personality of your squad. Be creative! As long as it’s not offensive, most names are acceptable.
- Decide what kind of league you’re looking for. Are you looking for something professional or just some weekend fun?
- Go online and register simply just google local kickball leagues near you. You should have plenty of options to choose from so don’t settle until you’ve found the league perfect for you.
- Get to kicking and playing kickball!
Teams and League Set-up
Kickball leagues can consist of 4 to 16 teams in with around 10 players on each team. There are around ten to eleven players on the field at all times. Most leagues are co-ed ranging from professional to children's level. Some leagues will allow drinking beer while playing for a more social environment. On the field, there must be at least six men and four women. Games will last seven innings.
People and teams can find places to join a league by going online and finding the nearest league near you. Most are organized by city. A good resource is searching the internet for kickball leagues in your area. Most leagues will run during the spring and summer when the weather’s nice, right around baseball season.
An easy way of finding a kickball league to join near you is to google search kickball leagues near your city. Do your research, assess your skill level and find what times and dates work the best for you. Most leagues will range from laid back competition to a more competitive environment. You can also check your local parks and recreation center for more organized leagues.
Once you find a team and league that fits your preferences, your team may have to pay a participation fee for joining. This fee can range anywhere from $100 to $300 for the whole team, depending on the competitiveness of the league. If you are joining a league by yourself the fee will be much lower ranging around $50 to $80. Once the fee is paid, show up on the first day of play in the appropriate attire ready to compete!
Being a Free Agent
If you find yourself without a team or just want to play kickball, you can become a free agent and the league managers will find a team for you to play with.