- Golf is a sport that includes a large focus on patience and concentration when playing.
- It is played by professionals and amateurs year-round depending on the climate. Professional golfers, both men and women, compete for cash prizes throughout the year on what is called the PGA Tour.
- The goal of the sport of golf is to use metal clubs in order to hit the ball as close to the hole as possible. Players want to get the ball in the hole in the least amount of turns. Additionally, the player's overall goal is to finish the round with the least amount of strokes to finish all the holes.
- Golf has been around in its most recent and popular 18 hole form since 1764 when they decreased the amount of holes from 22 at The Old Course of St. Andrews. The Old Course of St. Andrews still holds the Open Championship on the PGA Tour every year.
- Golf was started and created in Scotland around the 15th century. In order to honor the roots of the sport, the PGA Tour plays a championship tournament in Scotland every year.
- The top tournaments, or 'majors' on the PGA Tour include: The Masters, The US Open, The Open Championship (also known as the British Open), and the PGA championship.
- Some of the top golfers of all time include Phil Mickelson, Tom Watson, Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, and Tiger Woods.
- Professional Golfers are usually ranked by the number of major championships they have won as these tournaments are considered the best of the best.