Tom Brady Bio And Facts
Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr., commonly known as Tom Brady, is an American National Football League player. Brady attended the University of Michigan and played football for the Wolverines. After college, in the year 2000, Brady was drafted by the New England Patriots in the sixth round of the NFL Draft. Brady fulfilled the role of quarterback for the Patriots until 2020, when he signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Since making his debut in the NFL over two decades ago, Brady has been regarded as one of the best NFL players of all time and has established a huge fan base behind him. Brady also has three children with his wife, Gisele Bundchen, who he has been married to since 2009.
- Born: August 3, 1977 (1977-08-03)
- Education: University of Michigan
- Net Worth: $250 Million
- Occupation: National Football League player
- Height: 6’4” (1.93 m)
- Weight: 225 lbs (102.06 kg)
- Position: Quarterback
- Years Active: 23
- Nicknames: GOAT
- Teams: Michigan Wolverines, New England Patriots, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tom Brady began his football career back in the 1980s during high school where he was known for excelling in both baseball and football. Originally, Brady planned for his life to be consumed by Major League Baseball, and was even picked by the Montreal Expos during the 1995 draft. However, Brady decided to leave his baseball career behind and attend the University of Michigan, where he joined the Michigan Wolverines as a football player. Brady began to make waves within the football world during his junior year where he helped lead the Wolverines to victory in the 1999 Orange Bowl.
By 2000, Brady was picked in the sixth round of the NFL draft by the New England Patriots. Brady worked on his skills over time and transformed into one of the best NFL quarterbacks of all time, leading the Patriots to win six Super Bowls. After the 2019 season, Brady’s contract with the Patriot’s ended, and he signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He successfully led the Buccaneers to a Super Bowl win in 2021 against the Kansas City Chiefs.
Titles and Awards
Tom Brady has one of the most impressive National Football League records of all time and has been rewarded rightfully so during his time as well.
- 2002: Best Breakthrough Athlete ESPY award
- 2005: Sports Illustrated Sportsperson of the Year award
- 2007: Associated Press Male Athlete of the Year award, the AP Most Valuable Player Award, the Bert Bell Award, and the AP NFL Offensive Player of the Year Award
- 2009: NFL Honors- AP Comeback Player of the Year Award
- 2010: AP NFL Offensive Player of the Year Award
- 2018: AP Most Valuable Player Award and the Best NFL Player ESPY Award
Brady helped his team win six NFL Super Bowls during his time as a player for the New England Patriots. He then won a seventh Super Bowl title with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2021.
Tom Brady was born August 3, 1977 in San Mateo, California. Given the name Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr. after his father, Tom Brady Sr. Tom grew up in a two parent household under parents Galynn and Tom Brady. Brady also had three siblings, Julie, Maureen, and Nancy Brady.
In 2007, Brady had his first child, John Edward Thomas Moynahan, with ex-girlfriend Bridget Moynahan. Brady had been dating his current wife, international supermodel Giselle Bundchen, for two months when the news broke that Moynahan was pregnant.
In 2009, Tom married Bundchen where they had two children together, Benjamin Brady and Vivian Lake Brady. Giselle Bundchen and Tom Brady have prided themselves on their family life and the importance of staying together during Brady’s busy career as one of the top players in the NFL. The family can always be spotted supporting their father during his many impressive games.
- Tom Brady has the record for most career wins with one team at an impressive 245 wins.
- Brady also has the record for most passing touchdowns in one quarter at 5.
- Most completions in a single Super Bowl, 37.
- Brady grew up as a San Francisco 49ers fan, with Joe Montana being his hero.
- Tom was one of the youngest players to ever win a Super Bowl.
- Tom was originally drafted by the Montreal Expos of Major League Baseball, but eventually decided to pursue football.
- Brady helped his university team, the Michigan Wolverines, win the 1999 Orange Bowl.
- Brady is known as the jokester on the team, and always likes to play pranks and practical jokes on his teammates.
- In the 2015 NFL season, Brady held the record for most touchdown passes (56), most passes completed (683), and the most passing yards (7,967).
- Brady has two sons and one daughter.
How old was Tom Brady when he won his first NFL Super Bowl?
Tom Brady was only 24 years old when he won his first NFL Super Bowl and had only been a part of the legendary New England team for two years at the time of their first victory. This win was against the St. Louis Rams in New Orleans with a score of 20-17. Brady has helped the NFL’s New England Patriots win six Super Bowl titles (2002, 2004, 2005, 2015, 2017, 2019) and then a seventh win with the Buccaneers in 2021.
Why is Tom Brady’s nickname GOAT?
Tom Brady’s nickname is known by many as “GOAT” which stands for the Greatest of All Time. Brady was labeled with this nickname due to his incredible tenacity on and off the field and what a legendary player he has become during his career in the NFL. This nickname is often used by Patriots and Buccaneers fans, but it can also be seen in usage by professional football fans of all kinds.
What was Tom Brady’s career decision after his NFL contract ended?
Tom Brady played quarterback for the New England Patriots from the start of his National Football League career in 2000 until the end of the 2019 season. After his contract ended with the Patriots, Brady joined the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. This decision was monumental in NFL history because of how long Brady had been a part of the New England Patriots.
What is Tom Brady’s salary?
Tom Brady’s current salary is $10.3 million with a $25 million/year bonus. He was under contract for the New England Patriots for 19 years and earned a salary of around $15 million per season as his starting base. Every Super Bowl showing earned him an extra $1.75 million (and a bump to $2.25 million for winning). Brady also earns more money through sponsorships and advertisements, which has helped him earn a net worth of around $250 million.