Tom Brady Bio And Facts
Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr., also known as Tom Brady is an American National Football League player. Brady has been playing sports for his whole life, and actually began his sports career in the Major League Baseball world. After deciding football was the better career choice, Brady attended the University of Michigan and played football for the Wolverines. After college, in the year 2000, Brady was drafted by the NFL by the New England Patriots. Brady fulfilled the role of quarterback for the Patriots until 2020, when he was traded to play the role of quarterback for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Since making his debut in football two decades ago, Brady has been regarded as one of the all time best NFL players and has established a huge fan base behind him. Brady also has three children that he parents with his wife, Gisele Bundchen who he has been married to since 2009.
- Born: August 3, 1977 (1977-08-03)
- Education: University of Michigan
- Net Worth: $400 Million
- Occupation: National Football League player
- Height: 6'4" (1.93 m)
- Weight: 225 lbs (102.06 kg)
- Position: Quarterback
- Years Active: 20
- Career Wins: 219
- Career Losses: 64
- Nicknames: GOAT
- Teams: Michigan Wolverines Football, New England Patriots, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Tom Brady began his football career back in the 1980s during high school where he was known for excelling in both baseball and football. Originally, Brady planned for his life to be consumed by Major League Baseball, and was even picked by the Montreal Expos during the 1995 draft. However, Brady decided to leave his baseball career behind and attend the University of Michigan, where he joined the Michigan Wolverines as a football player. Brady began to make waves within the football world during his junior year where he helped lead the Wolverines to victory in the 1999 Orange Bowl.
By 2000, Brady was picked in the sixth round of the NFL draft by the New England Patriots. Brady worked on his skills over time and transformed into one of the best NFL Quarterbacks of all time, leading the Patriots to win six SuperBowl Championships. During the 2020 draft, Brady's contract with the Patriot's ended and he was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Titles and Awards
Tom Brady has had one of the most impressive National Football League records of all time and has been rewarded rightfully so during his time as well.
- 2002: Brady was awarded the Best Breakthrough Athlete ESPY award
- 2005: Brady was awarded the Sports Illustrated Sportsperson of the Year award
- 2007: Brady was awarded the Associated Press Male Athlete of the Year award, the AP Most Valuable Player Award, the Bert Bell Award, and the AP NFL Offensive Player of the Year Award
- 2009: Brady was awarded the NFL Honors- AP Comeback Player of the Year Award
- 2010: Brady was awarded the AP NFL Offensive Player of the Year Award
- 2018: Brady was awarded the AP Most Valuable Player Award and the Best NFL Player ESPY Award
Brady has also helped his team win six NFL Superbowls during his time as a player for the New England Patriots.
Tom Brady was born August 3, 1977 in San Mateo, California. Given the name Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr. after his father, Tom Brady Sr. Tom grew up in a two parent household under parents Galynn and Tom Brady. Brady also had three siblings, Julie, Maureen, and Nancy Brady. In 2007, Brady had his first child, John Edward Thomas Moynahan, with ex-girlfriend Bridget Moynahan. Brady has been dating his current wife, Giselle Bundchen, for two months when the news broke that Moynahan was pregnant. In 2009, Tom married international supermodel Gisele Bundchen where they had two children together, Benjamin Brady and Vivian Lake Brady. Giselle Bundchen and Tom Brady have prided themselves on their family life and the importance of staying together during Brady's busy career as one of the top National Football players in the league. The family can always be spotted supporting their father during his many impressive games.
- Tom Brady has the record for most career wins with one team at an impressive 172 wins.
- Brady also has the record for most passing touchdowns in one quarter at 5 passes.
- Most completions in a single Super Bowl, 37.
- Brady grew up as a San Francisco 49ers fan, with Joe Montana being his hero.
- Tom was one of the youngest players to ever win a Super Bowl.
- Tom was originally drafted to play in the Major League Baseball group, but eventually decided to pursue football.
- Brady helped his university team, the Michigan Wolverines, win the 1999 Orange Bowl.
- Brady is known as the jokester on the team, and always likes to play pranks and practical jokes on his teammates.
- In the 2015 NFL season, Brady held the record for most touchdown passes (56), most passes completed (683), and the most passing yards (7,967).
- Brady has two sons and one daughter.
How old was Tom Brady when he won his first NFL Super Bowl?
Tom Brady has helped the NFL's New England Patriots win 6 of the Super Bowl titles from 2002, 2004, 2005, 2015, 2017, and 2019. Brady was only 25 years old when he won his first NFL Super Bowl and has only been a part of the legendary New England team for two years at the time of their first victory. This victory was against the St. Louis Rams in New Orleans with a score of 20-17.
Why is Tom Brady's nickname GOAT?
Tom Brady's nickname is known by many as "GOAT" which stands for the Greatest of All Time. Brady was labeled with this nickname due to his incredible tenacity on and off the field and what a legendary player he has become during his career in the NFL. Many fans of the NFL in general regard Brady as "the GOAT" because of his impressive ability on the field and the incredible sportsmanship off the field.
What was Tom Brady's career decision after his NFL contract ended?
Tom Brady played quarterback for the New England Patriots from the start of his National Football League career in 2000 until the end of the 2019 season. After his contract ended with the Patriots, Brady joined the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as Quarterback keeping his signature #12 as his jersey number. This decision was monumental in NFL history because of how long Brady had been a part of the New England family, but fans are excited to see where this step in his career will take him.
What is Tom Brady's salary?
Tom Brady was under contract for the New England Patriots for 19 years and earned a salary around 15 million per season as his starting base. Every Super Bowl showing Brady brought earned him an extra 1.75 million for reaching the Super Bowl and 2.25 million for winning. Brady also can earn more money with sponsorships and advertisements he participates in, which has helped him earn a net worth of over 400 million dollars.