A kickoff in football is when the place kicker, a kicker on the special teams, kicks the ball to the opposing team. Kickoffs are performed behind restraining lines and must go 10 or more yards to count or be touched by the receiving team.
- Kickoffs must go at least 10 or more yards on the field
- The kicking team's restraining line is their own 35-yard line
- The receiving team's restraining line is placed 10 yards away from the kicking team's restraining line on the 45-yard line
- All players besides the kicker must be lined up five yards behind the restraining line
- At least four players must be on each side of the kicker
- The kicking team can only recover the ball when it has gone 10 or more yards or if a player on the receiving team touches it
Kickoff Out Of Bounds