A kickoff in football is when the place kicker, a kicker on the special teams, kicks the ball to the opposing team. Kickoffs are performed behind restraining lines and must go ten or more (10+) yards to count or be touched by the receiving team.
- Kickoffs must go at least ten or more (10+) yards on the field
- The kicking team's restraining line is their own 35-yard line
- The receiving team's restraining line is placed ten (10) yards away from the kicking team's restraining line on the 45-yard line
- All players besides the kicker must be lined up five (5) yards behind the restraining line
- At least four (4) players must be on each side of the kicker
- The kicking team can only recover the ball when it has gone ten or more (10+) yards or if a player on the receiving team touches it
Kickoff Out Of Bounds