- What Is A Triple Double In Basketball
What Is A Triple Double In Basketball
How It Occurs
Triple doubles are quite rare in basketball, as it is harder than you would think for a player to reach 3 categories of 10+. A typical statline for a triple double could look something like this: 18 points, 11 assists, and 12 rebounds. Although most triple doubles include points, rebounds, and assists, it is possible to achieve a triple double using blocks or steals. So long as at least three of the categories are above 10, then it counts as a triple double.
- Russell Westbrook averaged a triple double for 2 straight season (2016-17 and 2017-18)
- Oscar Roberson is the all time leader in the NBA with 181 career triple double
- Wilt Chamberlain had a 20-20-20 triple double in 1968 (22 points, 25 rebounds, and 21 assists)
- In 1993, Shaquille O'Neal had 24 points, 28 rebounds and 15 blocks in a strange example a triple double with of blocks