Paolo Banchero Bio And Facts
Paolo Banchero is an American/Italian professional basketball player in the NBA. He currently plays for the Orlando Magic, where he was drafted with the first overall pick in the 2022 NBA Draft. Banchero attended Duke University, where he was universally regarded as one of the best players in the country. He led the Blue Devils to the Final Four, where they would lose to their bitter rivals, North Carolina. He declared for the draft after his freshman year at Duke, following a fantastic season. Banchero plays power forward for the Orlando Magic. His long frame and shooting ability allows the Magic to space the floor, while still dominating the paint.
- Birthdate: November 12, 2002
- High School: O’Dea in Seattle, Washington
- College: Duke University
- Net Worth: $2 million
- Nationality: American/Italian
- Occupation: Professional Basketball Player (NBA)
- Height: 6’10” (2.08 m)
- Weight: 250 lbs (113 kg)
- Wingspan: 7’1”
- Position: Power forward
- Years Active: 1 year (professionally)
- Career Points Per Game: 21.1points
- Career Rebounds Per Game: 6.6 rebounds
- Career Assists Per Game: 3.8 assists
- Current Team: Orlando Magic
Paolo Banchero’s net worth is estimated at $2 million. He gained his wealth from his NBA contract which is a four-year, $50 million deal with the Orlando Magic. Banchero also has an endorsement deal with Nike’s Jordan brand. The exact details of his deal with Jordan are unknown, but the shoe deal made Banchero the headliner of the Air Jordan 37. During his time at Duke, Banchero had one known NIL deal with Yahoo! Sports. The exact details of this deal are also unknown to the public.
Paolo Banchero is an American/Italian professional basketball player in the NBA. After a successful high school basketball career, Banchero had offers from all of the top collegiate basketball programs, as he was a five-star recruit. He originally committed to the University of Washington, but quickly decommitted to sign with Duke University. During his freshman season at Duke, Banchero separated himself from most other players. He was quickly renowned as one of the best players in the country. He averaged 17.2 points, 7.8 rebounds, and 3.2 assists per game at Duke, leading the Blue Devils to the Final Four of March Madness. Banchero was then selected first overall in the 2022 NBA Draft by the Orlando Magic, where he has continued his success. An NBA midseason media survey projected Banchero as the 2022-2023 NBA Rookie of the Year.
Titles and Awards
Paolo Banchero has achieved a multitude of titles awards through his young basketball career. As a high school sophomore, Banchero led his team to the state championship title and was named MVP for his efforts in the game. As a high school junior, Banchero was named Gatorade Player of the Year and MaxPreps National Junior of the Year. He was later named to the McDonald's All-American Team, Nike Hoop Summit Team, and Jordan Brand Classic Team. For his freshman efforts at Duke, Banchero received ACC All-Rookie Team honors, First Team All-ACC honors, ACC Rookie of the Year honors, and second team All-American honors. With the Orlando Magic, Paolo Banchero was named Rookie of the Month for the month of December.
Paolo Banchero grew up in Seattle, Washington, and was raised by his mother Rhonda and father Mario. Rhonda played basketball at the University of Washington and was drafted in the third round of the WNBA Draft. She also played in the American Basketball League and overseas. Currently, she is a coach at the Holy Names Academy in Seattle, Washington. Mario played football at the University of Washington. Paolo Banchero received Italian citizenship because of his paternal ancestry.
- Paolo Banchero is an Italian citizen thanks to his father’s Italian heritage
- Banchero is eligible to play for the Italian National Team and has expressed interest in playing for the team
- Banchero was the second overall high school recruit in the nation, out of O’Dea High School
- Banchero was the first overall selection in the 2022 NBA Draft by the Orlando Magic
- Banchero’s mother and father met at the University of Washington
- Rhonda, Paolo’s mother, was the all-time scoring leader at the University of Washington when she left school
- Mario, Paolo’s father, played football at the University of Washington
- Paolo Banchero originally committed to the University of Washington before signing with Duke
- Banchero played on the last ever Mike Krzyzewski-coached team
- Once, in a Sky Sports interview at the Miami Grand Prix, Banchero was mistaken for Patrick Mahomes of the Kansas City Chiefs
- Paolo’s cousin Chris Banchero plays professionally in the Philippine Basketball Association
Where did Paolo Banchero attend college?
Paolo Banchero attended Duke University for his freshman year of college before declaring for the NBA Draft. Banchero originally committed to Washington but eventually signed to Duke, where he would be regarded as one of the best players in the country during his freshman season. He averaged 17.2 points, 7.8 rebounds and 3.2 assists per game at Duke, leading the Blue Devils to the Final Four of March Madness. Banchero played on the last team ever coached by the legendary Mike Krzyzewski.
What team does Paolo Banchero play for?
Paolo Banchero plays for the Orlando Magic, where he was drafted with the number one overall pick in the 2022 NBA Draft. Banchero is leading the Magic in scoring as a rookie at 21.1 points per game. He is also averaging 6.6 rebounds and 3.8 assists in 37 games so far this season. His dominant play has earned him the December Player of the Month award.
How old is Paolo Banchero?
Paolo Banchero is just 20 years old. Banchero was born on November 12, 2002, in Seattle Washington.