Shooting in basketball is a way for players to score points for their team. When shooting, a player uses one or two hands to push the ball towards the basket with the intent of having it go in the hoop.
Basketball Shooting Rules
- A player can shoot the ball from anywhere on the court as long as they stay inbounds
- Players can use one or two hands to shoot
- There is no limit to the amount of force a player can use when shooting
- Players can shoot overhand or underhand
- Players cannot kick the ball into the net
Basketball Shot Form
Shooting with accuracy and consistency requires skill and technique. A player's shot form is an important part of shooting field goals. When holding the ball, a player should use his dominant hand to cradle the ball and push it, while the non-dominant hand to guide it towards the hoop.
Basketball Why Shoot?
Basketball Field Goals
Three Point Field Goals
Two Point Field Goals
Basketball Inbound Passes