- Every basketball game begins with a singing of the national anthem
- Basketball games consist of quarters and halves
- There are four quarters and two halves in an NBA game
- There are two halves in a college basketball game
- College basketball games do not have quarters
The two halves of a basketball game are called:
NBA Basketball Quarters
In the NBA, Each half is made up of two quarters for a grand total of four quarters.
The four quarters in an NBA basketball game are called:
- First Quarter
- Second Quarter
- Third Quarter
- Fourth Quarter
College Basketball Halves
There are no quarters in college basketball. Instead, there are only two halves.
PRO TIP: The NCAA has recently had discussions in 2017 of possibly changing the game structure of a college basketball. The NCAA is exploring using four 10 minute quarters instead of two 20 minute halves.
The amount of time in each half and quarter during regulation differs based on the level of play.