Bryce Harper Bio And Facts
Bryce Harper is a Major League Baseball (MLB) player that is currently a member of the Philadelphia Phillies. Harper was drafted as the first pick by the Washington Nationals in the 2010 MLB draft, and he has played in the major leagues for eight years. The left-handed right fielder is one of the best in the game.
Since he was a kid, Bryce stood out as a naturally gifted baseball player. He played for his Las Vegas High School and College of Southern Nevada teams. When signing his first deal with the Nationals, he contracted for 5 years and $9.9 million dollars. Over those 5 years, he was recognized for his superior talent and was named to several All-Star teams, in addition to receiving dozens of other awards. In 2019, he signed a 13 year and $330 million dollar deal with the Philadelphia Phillies, which is the largest deal in MLB history.
- Birthdate: October 16, 1992 (16-10-1992)
- Education: Las Vegas High School, College of Southern Nevada
- Net Worth: $70 million
- Occupation: Professional Baseball Player
- Height: 6'3" (1.91 m)
- Weight: 220 lbs (99.8 kg)
- Position: Right field, Center field, Left field, First base
- Years Active: 10 years
- Career Awards: NL Rookie of the Year, six-time NL All-Star, NL MVP, NL Silver Slugger, two-time NL Player of the Month, six-time NL Player of the Week, two-time NL Rookie of the Month, NL Hank Aaron award, Home Run Derby Winner
- Nicknames: Bam Bam, Mondo, Harp
- Teams: Washington Nationals, Philadelphia Phillies
Bryce Harper started playing baseball at a young age and played on both his high school team at Las Vegas High School and college team at the College of Southern Nevada. He was a breakout star in college, breaking his school's record for most home runs and winning several awards for his outstanding performance. He did have a major set back when he was suspended, but that did not stop him from achieving greatness.
Harper was selected as the first pick by the Washington Nationals in the 2010 MLB draft. He debuted in the MLB 2012 after playing in the minor league for two years. During his career, he has been widely respected for his amazing defense and steller batting average. He has been known to constantly hit home runs and lead his team in scoring. In 2019, the Phillies signed Bryce Harper to a 13 year and $330 million dollar contract. Harper is expected to be a historical franchise player for the Phillies.
Titles and Awards
In his college career, Bryce Harper received recognition for breaking the school's home run record. He had also received the SWAC Player of the Year award and Golden Spikes Award for outstanding performance.
Since entering the MLB, Bryce has been awarded in various ways as one of the top developing players in the league. In his breakout season in 2012, Harper received the NL Rookie of the Year Award. He has also been named as a NL All-Star six times during 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. In 2015, Harper was named as the NL MVP and NL Silver Slugger for being the best offensive player at his position.
In addition to these awards, Harper has also received some other smaller acknowledgements. He has been named NL Player of the Month, Player of the Week, and Rookie of the Month a total of ten times. He received the NL Hank Aaron award in 2015 for being the top hitter in his league, and won the Home Run Derby in 2018.
Bryce Harper was born on October 16, 1992 in Las Vegas, Nevada to his parents Sheri and Ron Harper. He grew up being close with his two siblings, Bryan and Brittany. From a young age, Harper was fascinated by baseball. He played for his high school team and was immediately singled out as the star of the team. Harper was photographed on the cover of Sports Illustrated in May 2009 being positively compared to Lebron James.
He then played baseball at the College of Southern Nevada in the National Junior College Athletic Association. He broke the school's record for most home runs, and was awarded SWAC Player of the Year and the Golden Spikes Award during his time there.
In 2016, Harper married his high school sweetheart Kayla Varner after a long engagement. They welcomed their first son, Krew, in 2019 and are still happily married.
- Bryce Harper broke the record for the most home runs at the College of Southern Nevada after recording 31 home runs
- Bryce Harper was selected as the first overall pick by the Washington Nationals in the 2010 MLB draft
- When Bryce Harper was drafted, his deal was for 5 years and $9.9 million dollars, which includes his 8 semesters of college tuition
- Bryce Harper has played on a total of 5 minor league teams and 2 major league teams
- In his first game after getting contact lenses in order to play better, Bryce put up 7 home runs
- After the end of his first MLB season, Bryce was named Rookie of the Year
- At the age of 22 in May 2015, Bryce hit 3 home runs in a game, breaking a record first made in 1969
- In March 2019, Bryce signed what was the largest deal to be made in the MLB with a 13-year and $330 million dollar contract for the Phillies
What baseball position does Bryce Harper play?
Now entering his eighth MLB season, Bryce Harper has had the opportunity to play various positions during games. The positions that he has played include right field, center field, left field, and first base. While playing for the Washington Nationals, Harper played right field in 600 games, center field in 184 games, left field in 194 games, and first base in 1 game. In the 2019 season with the Philadelphia Phillies, Harper played 152 games as a right fielder.
Which MLB teams has Bryce Harper played for?
Bryce Harper was selected by the Washington Nationals as the first overall pick in the 2010 MLB draft. After joining the team, his roster status was changed by the Nationals and he was moved around on 5 different minor league teams. In April 2012, Harper made his MLB debut and was a huge success for the Nationals franchise. In March 2019, Harper signed the largest contracted deal in MLB history for 13 years and $330 million dollars for the Phillies.
What is Bryce Harper's net worth?
Even though he is only entering his eighth MLB season, Bryce Harper has an estimated net worth of $70 million. Bryce Harper has signed two large deals with MLB franchises that have contributed to his net worth. When Harper was drafted to the Washington Nationals in 2010, he signed a 5 year and $9.9 million deal. Most recently in March 2019, Harper signed a 13 year and $330 million deal with the Philadelphia Phillies.
Where is Bryce Harper from?
Bryce Harper was born on October 16, 1992 in Las Vegas, Nevada. He grew up in Las Vegas with his parents and two siblings. He attended Las Vegas High School where he played on the baseball team, and later went to the College of Southern Nevada as well. It was not until he was signed by the Washington Nationals that he finally left Las Vegas and began his career as a major league baseball player.