Artistic Gymnastics Events
In artistic gymnastics, there are many different competitions at different levels. These competitions can take place during multi-sport events or at gymnastics-specific events. Below is a list of the most well known competitions in artistic gymnastics. Some of these competitions also hold other gymnastics events as well.
- Summer Olympics: The summer Olympics are one of the most famous sporting events. Gymnastics was one of the first Olympic sports in ancient Greece, and was one of the first to be established in the modern games as well. The Summer Olympics host both men's and women's competitions.
- World Artistic Gymnastics Championships: This competition is the world championship of gymnastics hosted by the International Gymnastics Federation (FIG). This competition was first held in 1903, first for only male gymnasts. In 1934, women's gymnastics was added to the competition.
- Summer Youth Olympic Games: Similar to the Summer Olympics, the Youth Olympics games host a variety of different sports. Gymnastics is a main sport that is competed, with both men's and women's competitions taking place.
- Artistic Gymnastics Junior World Championships: This competition first started in 2019, hosting the world's most competitive young gymnasts. Both men and women's junior gymnasts compete in this event.
International Championship Events
- American Cup: This competition invites the world's best gymnasts to compete on an international level. First held in 1976, this competition allows individual male and female gymnasts to compete for the highest scores.
- Asian Gymnastics Championships: This event was first held in 1996 and has several different types of gymnastics included. Both men's and women's competitions are held, as well as rhythmic, trampoline, acrobatic, and aerobic competitions.
- City of Jesolo Trophy: This competition takes place in Jesolo, Italy annually. It holds both junior and senior competitions only for women's gymnastics.
- European Artistic Gymnastics Championships: This competition takes place every even-numbered year and hosts a men's and women's individual competition and a men's and women's team competition.
- Pacific Rim Championships: This competition holds many different styles of gymnasts for both male and female competition. Before 2008, it was known as the Pacific Alliance Championships.
- Pan American Gymnastics Championships: This event has been held since 1951, and includes artistic, rhythmic, and trampoline gymnastics for both men and women.
- South American Gymnastics Championships: This competition is for gymnasts from North and South America, as well as Central American, and the Caribbean. All forms of gymnastics are competed at this event for both men and women.
- WOGA Classic: The World Olympic Gymnastics Academy (WOGA) hosts a competition for male and female gymnasts. The Academy boasts training players such as Carly Patterson, Nastia Liukin, and Madison Kocian.
National Championship Events
- Canadian Gymnastics Championships: This competition is an Olympic qualifying event in Canada and holds disciplines of artistic, rhythmic, and trampoline gymnastics. Both men and women compete in this event.
- Nastia Liukin Cup: This cup was first held in 2010 and is named after famous american Olympic gymnast Nastia Liukin. This competition is for female gymnasts at both the junior and senior level, and is known for its pink leotards.
- Northern European Gymnastics Championships: This competition is held for countries in Northern Europe such as Denmark, Finland, and Iceland. The competition was first held in 2001 and is for both male and female gymnasts.
- Russian Artistic Gymnastics Championships: This event takes place in Russia every year and is for both male and female Russian gymnasts. The competition includes only artistic gymnastics and has an all-around, a team, and an individual apparatus competition.
- GK U.S. Classic: This competition has taken place annually since 2009, and hosts both a women's junior and senior competition. This event is for gymnasts across the United States.
- USA Gymnastics National Championships: This is a country wide event that includes both men's and women's junior and senior competitions. There is also a national championship for rhythmic, trampoline, and acrobatic gymnastics.
- NCAA Gymnastics Championships: The NCAA holds an annual championship for both men's and women's collegiate teams. This competition allows colleges from around the United States to compete against one another throughout the season, and then have a final tournament at the end of the year.